Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Into The Dragon's Lair

Erin Wasson









photos from various Google sites & blogs, I am not responsible for the actual photography

With a sick sense of style, Erin Wasson is the Johnny Depp of fashion. The hippie rocker grabs Hollywood by the balls while holding a cig in the other hand. She is magnetic. She is minimal. She is intense. Her style is seemingly simple with a sun kiss of eclectic. I dig the fact that she can wear slightly considered "minimalist" draped clothing, match it with the SAME color pants, shoes, & belt and it look surprisingly UN-MINIMAL & TEXTURED. I assume un-minimal is not a word, but we all get the point. My problem with fashion is, and here I too get a little overworked because I HATE & please let me emphasize, HATE being "matchy-matchy (however that means to me in the moment)." The whole color coordinated thing bugs me. So I try to not wear a lot of the same color & it ultimately leaves me dishevled because I try too hard to not look like I tried too hard. And Erin Wasson doesn't give a shit about white on white or black pants, black shoes, black shirt, black hat; it's all about how you accent the basic colors witch mismatched jewelry, vests, & hats and how you texture the fabrics with the fit. Because I believe harshly, that I too am a minimalist at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment