Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens.







I feel it very important to bring forth a small conglomeration of things I'm interested in in these present moments, because I think it's a vital way to reflect upon where I am in my life. What interests me now as opposed to 5 months ago, what draws me in, why I like slow instrumental music now as opposed to something "feel good," and where did my love of reality television go?! We're always in constant change, and rarely do we stop and realize where we are NOW. It's a way to get to know myself. Instead of wishing through my every day and not tenderly taking notice of what I like and why, dispirits my heart that I don't know the person I'm the most intimately embellished with. So I have conjured up some belongings that bring love to myself :)

Starting clockwise:

1.Wrangler Jean Jacket circa 1990, only a rewarding $2.50 at Goodwill

2."The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron; unblocking creativity through a spiritual path, which gave me the encouragement to abide this blog

3.Fight Club, I first saw it the other night & literally can't stop thinking about it & it's universal meanings

4.The movie Adam, a romance film about a man with Asperger's Syndrome falling in love after his father passes & facing the challenges of not being able to express normal human emotions

5.My brown hat! Good for days when I don't feel like messing with my hair & for adding some interest to a basic black outfit

6.Indian print frame with a picture of the ocean my mom took when she was in Scotland. The color diversion is stunning in this print

7.My journal/morning pages! Probably the most important item on this list. Where I keep my thoughts, insights, & stream of consciousness, it's like therapy without paying. Highly recommended

8.Roget's Thesaurus with definitions & synonyms. I was SO excited when a friend gave this as a gift. I love learning new vocabulary. There's something mystical in words. It's like learning a new language to words that you already know exist

9.My beautiful pendulum! Pendulums tap into your subconscious by the nerves on your fingertips. Usually by asking it yes or no questions it moves in the direction of your answer. Some say it's for fortune telling, but I personally believe the answers already lie within the person using it. Another little tool for getting to know yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment